1) in the second ultrasound the baby was eating the entire time and so she went into detail, as if I haven't read my book, about how the baby is eating the amniotic fluid which is nutrients and urine - I said, I try not to tell my husband those kinds of details because it is gross (well it is!) and she was very offended and said it was a beautiful thing, blah blah blah.
2) I said, is this the way the baby is positioned because I always feel her kick on the right...she said, the baby is not kicking, it is stretching...but in a snooty tone, as if anyone says, oh the baby is stretching...come on lady
3) when she was showing us what was what she made it so you see the baby face on, instead of the cute profile you normally see in people's ultrasound pictures - for those of you who haven't had a child yet, it is scary! It looks like a little alien because the baby isn't fat yet and it really disturbed me, I made John cut those pictures out because I can't stand to look at them. Leslie told me that was normal and that the same thing happened when she was pregnant with Cooper.
4) when she told me yesterday that the baby now measures at 1.1 lbs I said, oh good now the baby is the size of one of those octomom's smallest babies....crickets...
My mom thinks that part of the reason she doesn't like me is because I am not very sentimental and I don't cry when I see the baby on the screen. I actually spend most of the time laughing because it is so funny to see that little human in there and when it moves you can actually see it moving on the screen. I still think it is kind of weird to think there is a little baby in there, I guess I am still adjusting.
Lastly, the main reason I know this lady doesn't like me is she refuses to do the 4D picture of the baby, she says the baby is too skinny but everyone else seems to get this picture taken at 20 weeks...what gives???
***Update****
Good news and bad news: The Dr's office called and said that the baby's kidney's are dilated. I am not sure what this means but have taken to the internet to try to find out. Apparently it happens in about 1 in 200 babies, most of them boy babies...so maybe we should be thinking blue? anyway, they are working on getting me in to see a specialist at EVMS so we will know more about what we are working with. The good news: I will probably get to have at least one more ultrasound and it will be with a new ultrasound tech! Hopefully this one will appreciate my humor more than the last one.


1 comment:
Al, don't you worry. Your dry sarcasm is surely appreciated by other drs and your little one. xo
Post a Comment