July 24, 2009

Twilight vs. True Blood

vs.

So one random night in November John and I were shopping out at MacArthur for Christmas presents and the like. We decided while we were out there we should go to the movies and since we frequent the theater often one of the only things we hadn't seen was Twilight. I was shocked when John said we could go. The movie, at best, is a little silly but convinced me to read the book so when I was at target and saw the paperback version I picked it up. Needless to say I finished the 4th book within 2 weeks of that and was totally hooked. I even convinced John to take me back to the movies and see it again, this time it wasn't nearly as silly as before. I am sad there are only 4 books I would have loved to have kept reading on...Edward is such a hottie and a romantic. It is definitely not a challenging read but it was fun to lose yourself in a book.



Flash forward to about a month ago, John and I were looking for something to rent at blockbuster and the man in the store recommended the HBO True Blood series...I was skeptical at first because I had tried to watch one at my parents house once (since they had HBO and we didn't) and had to turn it off because it thought it was so dumb...I guess that was just the pilot because now both of us are totally hooked. It is an odd show but keeps you guessing what will happen next.

I am not sure what it is about vampire series that I like so much, I used to LOVE buffy the vampire slayer, but I sure do find them entertaining. What do yall think? Any other followers out there?

No comments: