Today I went back to the specialist for yet another follow up ultrasound. The baby's kidneys are still dilated...booo...but everything else looks great. So they will make an appointment for me with the pediatric urologist before the baby is born. The doctor thinks that I will still be able to deliver at Sentara Leigh, which is good, and that the baby won't need emergency surgery or anything like that. He said it is actually really great that they found this out because otherwise the baby could get a UTI or something and the pediatrician might not know that is why the baby is sick. So anyway, I will update you on what the pediatric urologist says. I am still hopeful that this condition with reverse itself by the time the baby is born.
Other baby news...the baby is HUGE!! They took these measurements and found that the baby is already 4 lbs 10 oz!! That is a LARGE baby for 32 weeks! Usually they are a little over 3 lbs at this point...I asked the ultrasound tech (VERY nice I might add, loving these EVMS ultrasound techs!) if this meant I would give birth to a large baby and she said yes...So now I am nervous for a whole other reason...I am NOT trying to deliver a 10 lb baby...ugghhh...Although Emily tells me that larger babies sleep better and through the night earlier, so maybe I will have that working for me?
Keep me and the baby in your prayers!
A VB BASICS GIVEAWAY {WIN 100$ OF ZUTANO}
10 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment