July 10, 2009

Our Fun-Filled Wednesday Night

Wednesday night John and I headed to the ER...Don't worry, baby is fine, John had a really bad migraine and as a result had distorted vision...Some of you might ask, then why would you go to the ER and not just go home and sleep it off? Well John has a rare blood clotting disorder gene thing called Factor 5 Lyden which makes him more susceptible to blood clots...AND...John almost never gets headaches and had never had a migraine before...so his doctor told us to head to the ER to make sure he wasn't having a blood clot. He is supposed to take a baby aspirin every morning but I, personally, think that he rarely takes it. So off to the ER we went after work to sit and wait for a few hours. You would THINK when you tell a triage nurse that you have a clotting disorder and were instructed to go to the ER that they would see you right away and hook you up to some blood thinners...nope, we just sat and sat so I am glad that it wasn't really a clot because I don't know how long it takes for a clot to do damage but 3 hours of waiting would seem like a bad thing. We were fortunate though, brother Cliff was running rescue so every few hours he would stop in and say hi...he offered to take John to the ER in his ambulance...I opted to drive instead. Anyway, John is fine but I thought it would be important to document this fun and exciting time with my blackberry camera. I am sure I will be the one in the doghouse after this post :)


John in his wheelchair going to get a CT scan
please note he is not impressed that I am taking his photo at this point


John resting on the ER bed...after he was cleared of any clots he let me lie down there...my back was killing me sitting in those ER chairs...needless to say I was over it.

No comments: