April 9, 2009

Baby's Still There!

Today I had my 16 week check up (that's 4 months for you non-pregnant people). Not much exciting to report. I got to hear the baby's heartbeat again, which is always reassuring, and the doctor said that the baby sounded really happy in there, so that is good too. The next visit is the really exciting one. At 20 weeks (5 months) I have a really in depth ultrasound, so I am very anxious to see the baby again and can't wait to see how big she is. Usually at the 20 week check up you find out what you are having. At first I thought I would definitely want to know but now I have decided not to find out. I mean, I really don't care one way or the other, I thought I would but I just don't. And I have a handful of family members who DID NOT want me to find out. John is laid back, and doesn't care one way or the other. Since we all know I am destined to have 5 crazy boys, most of the stuff I have been getting has been gender neutral or pushing towards boy. I figure I can always toss in a pink blanket if I need to.

Exciting news: I think I have been feeling the baby moving lately. Not very often, but every once in a while I feel a little tickle and I think that might be the baby moving around. Very neat stuff.

No comments: